Re: Mail servers for large numbers of users

In article <cistron.99121212572401.00243@pcdavide>,
Davide Libenzi  <davide@maticad.it> wrote:
>I'm doing an SMTP / POP3 / Finger server that run on Linux & M$ WinNT that
>support an unlimited number of users and that is not linked to system user
>accounts.
>It is written in C++ using gcc in Linux and Visual C++ in M$-Win and is full
>GPL license.

That sounds great!

>I'm having a semaphore weird in Linux in which seems that if a task A creates
>tasks B & C, C creates another task D, if B go to sleep on a semaphore and D
>release the semaphore, B don't wakeup.
>As soon as I've solved this problem I'll release the code ( say beta 0.1 ) on
>FreshMeat.

Why? Remember what they say "release early, release often". If you
make an alpha release now, and put this clearly in the BUGS file,
chances are someone will find the bug and solve if for you. That's
what open source is all about.

Leave a note here when you put it up on freshmeat

Mike.