upgrade to potato

Hi,

I used the command apt-get -f dist-upgrade -u to upgrade from slink to potato.

I downloaded packages for about 12 hours and thought I was golden.
The upgrade keeps hanging up after downloading the packages saying there was an error unpacking gnome-bin,gnome-session, and gnome-core.

I tried deleting these and letting them be downloaded again but the same thing happens.

I tried running apt-get -f install but this does not work either.

Can anyone help?

Also hoe do I upgrade to a new kernel that goes with potato.

Thanks
Rick

Rick Knebel
rknebel@uplink.net