Re: Why is Enlightenment slow?

Hi,

You are correct in that every image used for a background or shape takes up memory that slows down E.  The extras like the animations also take up memory so can slow it down.  The default theme is quite large, or there are certainly smaller ones, so check out e.themes.org for lots of choices.

I have 256MB of memory but find E a bit too chunky - looks great though.  I've switched to icewm and sawmill.

Steve