Re: locking the console

Rob Mahurin <robm@mad.scientist.com> writes:
>So I could scan /dev/tty[1-9]* to make sure nobody has typed anything
>recently, then run this from the background.  Or something.  If nobody
>else has written it I'll do it over Christmas.

A possibly slightly easier and more complete way to check for console
idleness is to look at /proc/interrupts periodically - if the keyboard
interrupt count does not rise, the keyboard hasn't been touched.

(You could probably check the serial interrupts too, to look for mouse
input, but then you'd probably have to figure out the IRQ of your
(serial) mouse first.)

--
-=- Rjs -=- rjs@lloke.dna.fi