Re: Mailing list headers [Was Re: ssh vs telnet - which is faster?]

RAVIKANT K RAO wrote:

> On Fri, 10 Dec 1999, aphro wrote:
>
> > the guy is too picky,
>
>   that guy is me.

> > if i replied to a message like that I would go out of my way to
> > CC: because those CAPS are more annoying then any cc:.
>
>   *only* the "don't bother cc-ing" was in caps because if it isnt in caps
> ,it doesnt get people's attention

Not our problem.  You are still breaking etiquette by doing so.
Now you must live with the consequences and receive emails like
this one.

>                                                i *do* understand its
> "rude" and equivalent to "shouting" online ,

At least you realise it, so why you are arguing for it?

>                                              but you have to understand
> that making a request isnt something to scream at.

Huh?

>                               go out of the way to write that the guy that
> posted it was picky. all that was achieved in your actually taking time to
> write out an entire email was end up annoying me.

Well, let's all apologize for annoying you after you annoyed the
rest of us.
>                                                   it might be of no
> consequence to you , but as far as *I* am concerned , if *you* are allowed
> to make judgements on other people's characters when you dont know
> anything about them , *I* am allowed to write 2 lines in post script of an
> email that i posted in ALL-CAPS.

Doesn't follow.

>   let me re-affirm that it was *not* an attempt at being rude /etc but
> just the frustration of handling about 450 emails a day and getting
> multiple copies of the same thing isnt exactly the nicest thing to happen.

But they are not unsolicited multiple copies; you requested help.

>   my apologies if i went out of the way to annoy anyone. they were
> unintended.

Yeah, right.  Very believable.