gateway.net

I am trying to connect through gateway.net.  When I
get a Login: prompt, I type my name and then I get a
Password: prompt.  I type it and get **BAD PASSWD** as
a response.  I have already ensured I am using the
correct password.  When I contacted gateway, they said
they do not support this operating system environment.
 Has anyone else out there run into this problem and
if so is there a fix other than switching my ISP.

=====
rick