Re: gateway.net

They may not accept plain text passwords, did you configure the connection
for PAP or CHAP ? or neither ..mot ISPs use PAP

nate

On Thu, 9 Dec 1999, Rick Dunnivan wrote:

rdunni >I am trying to connect through gateway.net.  When I
rdunni >get a Login: prompt, I type my name and then I get a
rdunni >Password: prompt.  I type it and get **BAD PASSWD** as
rdunni >a response.  I have already ensured I am using the
rdunni >correct password.  When I contacted gateway, they said
rdunni >they do not support this operating system environment.
rdunni > Has anyone else out there run into this problem and
rdunni >if so is there a fix other than switching my ISP.
rdunni >
rdunni >
rdunni >=====
rdunni >rick
rdunni >Do You Yahoo!?
rdunni >Thousands of Stores.  Millions of Products.  All in one place.
rdunni >Yahoo! Shopping: http://shopping.yahoo.com
rdunni >
rdunni >
rdunni >--