Re: Undo in dselect

Thanks for caring!

On  7 déc, Shaul Karl wrote:
> Perhaps by trying to diff the uncompressed /var/lib/dpkg/status.yesterday.3.gz
> with current /var/lib/dpkg/status and running dpkg --downgrade (do not sure
> the exact option)?

Me neither, not quite sure really exists. The problem is: how do I
instruct dpkg to desinstall a set of packages and reinstall another set
(including versions: some in unstable, some not, etc...).

>> On a similar tone: is there a way to undo the selection process in
>> dselect. I suppose I am not the only one to have lost the opportunity
>> to scan through  "new" packages, by hitting return one time too much.
>

> IIRC there are more then one way. Try hitting ? and look for k (for keys?),
> for example. Isn't X (Capital X) does what you want?

Not quite. Let me be more explicit. Suppose you upgrade the package
list, make some selections, and because lack of time, decide to go on
and get out of the selection process. Then you're back to the
main menu. Now suppose you have afterthoughts (e.g. because you left the
selection submenu by hitting return unintentionnally: that's what
happened to me). X doesn't help, AFAIK. And if you simply go back to the
selection menu, you won't see the difference between the new packages
and the ones you decided long ago to be uninteresting.

--
Amities,

		Jean Orloff
+ Tel:(33)473.40.72.27                                Fax: (33)473.26.45.98  +
Lettre reçue par une Compagnie d'Assurance.
   (de "Lettres allumées et courriers délirants, M. Petit, Eds. Max Valentin)

     Ma cuisse est douloureusement luxasectionnée au niveau de la
cheville gauche.