Re: hosts.allow and hosts.deny

hosts.allow reads ALL: ALL
hosts.deny reads #ALL: PARANOID

POP pickup works.  POP cannot send - error message from a machine with OE reads:

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was 'mailroomuk@zd.com'. Subject 'Unlimited surfing from BT', Account: 'tele2', Server: '212.19.67.118', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 relaying to <mailroomuk@zd.com> prohibited by administrator (no IP address found for wireless-064-136.tele2.co.uk, the host name obtained from 212.19.64.136)', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

IMAP fails to allow access to mailbox:

LOGIN failed

Configuration:
   Account: 212.19.67.118
      Server: 212.19.67.118
         User name: patrick
	    Protocol: IMAP
	       Port: 143
	          Secure(SSL): 0
		     Code: 800cccd

This is the same from machines in the 10.1.1.n lan at home and from machines in other people's offices.

I can telnet in as you can see from my sending this using mutt.

This problem started when I edited hosts.deny to read ALL: ALL It is a problem with the server.

Suggestions please - I can't think how to change settings without simply scrapping the whole security setup.

Patrick