Re: Error messages using Iomega ZIP

Quoting Anthony Campbell (a.campbell@doctors.org.uk):
> I use an Iomega ZIP 100 as a backup. I find that I frequently get
> cryptic error messages of various kinds while copying stuff to it.
> However, the actual files seem to get copied nevertheless; I'm not sure
> if they are perfect but as they are pretty well all text files a few
> minor errors wouldn't matter too much.
>
> Is anyone else using this same system, and do they find something
> similar?

I'm not suggesting that this is your problem, but I get errors if
I use the zip drive through a dongle on the parallel port. I get
file turning into directories filled with garbage, and so on.

But I would make one recommendation, in spite of your saying that
minor errors don't matter in text files. I don't put any ordinary
files on zip disks at all. Everything is zipped. That way, you can
type something like      for z in /zip/*zip; do unzip -t $z; done
and check they're all ok.

Apart from that, make sure the connection is good.

Cheers,