Error messages using Iomega ZIP

I use an Iomega ZIP 100 as a backup. I find that I frequently get
cryptic error messages of various kinds while copying stuff to it.
However, the actual files seem to get copied nevertheless; I'm not sure
if they are perfect but as they are pretty well all text files a few
minor errors wouldn't matter too much.

Is anyone else using this same system, and do they find something
similar?

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - running Linux Debian 2.1 (Windows-free zone)
Book Reviews: http://www.pentelikon.freeserve.co.uk/bookreviews/

"It's no go the Yogi Man, it's no go Blavatsky"  - Louis MacNeice