Re: lpr problem [Ooops, forgot infos]

On Sun, Dec 05, 1999 at 07:33:29PM -0600, Phil Brutsche wrote:
> A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far way, someone said...
>
> > > I also suggest you cat a file directly to the port and see what
> > > happens. at least then you know you have communication and later you can
> > > work on the lpd/magicfilter problems.
> >
> > When I do 'cat ZZZ.txt >/dev/lp0' it says 'operation not supported'
>
> In that case, are you sure that /dev/lp0 is correct?  Have you tried
> /dev/lp1 or /dev/lp2?

Yep, does the same thing!

I don't know where it comes from, I'm totally stuck, even after a
package reinstall (even trying the original /etc/printcap).

I'm now asking myself if its not the motherboard fault (ABIT BE6):
I was obliged to reinstall w$98, and never succeed to have the same
configuration to work well again (I didn't get the SB Live! correctly
installed till I disabled the HPT366 controlers...); and under Linux,
I can't get my TV card to work well too (it was 4 weeks ago).
I'll try to exchange it next wednesday to see what will happend.

JY
--
Jean-Yves F. Barbier <jybarbier@wanadoo.fr>
 Syntactic sugar causes cancer of the semicolon.