streaming audio? (Re: wav <-> conversion utility)

thanx for the pointers.

i tried to get the LAME, but wasn't able to.  i'll try that again.

btw, to provide streaming audio (i.e., realaudio, unless there is
something else that is easily accessbible by general public), is there an
alternative to the tools sold by realaudio?  i suspect the answer is
obvious no, but i thought i ask nevertheless.

anyway, again, thanx for the information.

byoung