Re: linux.debian.user gatewayed no more?

> So my questions are:
> 0) did Debian policy with respect to netnews change recently?
> 1) is there an official bridge to netnews?
> 2) is it possible to post (to debian-user) even if not subscribed?
>    (I'll find out now:)
> 3) is it allowed to have a local bridge, and what pitfalls are to be
>    prevented?

I thought the news gateway was a wonderful idea. Postings were not
directed back to the list so mailing list subscriber sould not be spammed
and people from far away places often got the debian lists from me via
compressed news batches using uucp over tcp/ip.

I suppose it is time to simply create real Debian newsgroups and to hell
with trying to gateway the mailing list, nothing the Debian Central
Committee can do about that at all. Sometimes Debian seems so petty in
their arguments, like a bunch of old ladies squabbling about some issue
that does not amount to a pinch of owl scat. Things like worrying about
things that are not a problem because they might someday be a problem do
not impress me. Heck, I would be for completely eliminating the mailing
lists altogether and simply going to Usenet.

The mailing list gets more spam than the newsgroups did.

I know many people that would never subscribe to the mailing list but will
look at the list once in a while via news.