Re: Why

Sounds right.. most all cards are at least VESA1.0 compliant right?  And
I'm sure it isnt hard to achieve 640x480x256 colors with a VESA 1
driver.  Something along the lines of SVGALIB maybe but svgalib isnt
supported by much.  The problem I think is companies trying to use X for
the install just because it is easier to develop.  QNX has a way of
working with the frame buffer (Same as the X11 driver for the frame buffer
maybe?) in which it enables a "flat" graphics driver almost ensuring
compaidbility with all cards.  I doubt that XFREE86 will be updated enough
fast enough anywhere in the near future to keep up with the latest and
greatest. I would really like to see a distro like corel or caldera or
suse or redhat that used AcceleratedX, and another that used laptop
acceleratedX. I know Xi graphics has a distro, although i havent used it i
have doubts it is as complete as their compeditiors in terms of
software. Price it at $199 or even $299 ..id pay for it if it had what i
wanted.

nate