Re: WHAT THE F**K--- (Was: Re: Looking for right ISP)

Quoting Paul McHale (pmchale@doubleesolutions.com):

> I agree that I am using MS Outlook.  I think it is the best program
> available for my use.  I don't understand your difficulty.  I forwarded the
> message to my linux server and opened it with mutt.  It came across in plain
> text.  I double checked the outlook transmit message settings and they are
> set to plain text !

I hadn't noticed you were posting in html until Steve pointed it
out in no uncertain terms. But that's because I'm using mutt which
displays the text/plain copy and ignores the text/html because it
noticed multipart/alternative (which means only one need be shown).
If I type v I get a menu of attachments which I can choose manually.

Although I am surrounded by Outlook-droids, I have no idea whether
your setting means to send plain text *as well* rather than send
plain text *only*.

> Is anyone else noticing this problem of my message posting in HTML ???
>
> As far as breaking the thread, what are refering to?
>
> Quoting the wrong way.  Feel free to expand on this one ...

It *is* horrible. The message you are replying to is added to the
end of your new contribution. This makes it impossible to comment
on a message in a paragraph by paragraph way (as I'm doing). It's
like trying to conduct a family conversation when you're not allowed
to interrupt father until he's finished a one-hour lecture.

It also encourages people to return the entire thread so far
when all they're adding is a one-line comment (not that I'm
accusing you of this).

> What e-mail client are you using ?

You see, as I've already told you which client I use, I would
delete that line and not make this comment, rather than sending
it all back to you as quotation at the end of my message.

And I would delete all this stuff:

> paul

etc. etc. including signatures, multiple copies of the Unsubscribe?
lines.

Mind you, there are people who *love* this stuff, who insist that
every message should contain the full reverse-order history of the
entire thread, and get religious about it.

Steve Lamb has a different way of putting all this, and I know
people who wouldn't see his posting because the !!! in the