Q about netscape 4.7 and slink

Ok, last night I saw in the list archive where on Oct 12 someone
(John Foster) said

--I just installed the new Netscape 4.71 version on my Debian
--Linuxserver. Just a report- It installs nicely with the Netscape4
--installer from Debian if you rename it to the proper convention. It
--seems MUCH faster and more stable that all of the previous
--versions I have used.

now, what is the 'proper convention' he is referring to here... and does
anyone know if the netscape4 installer he is referring to is the same
one that's in slink?

I've downloaded the netscape 4.7 tar.gz file from netscape and
installed (using dselect) netscape-base and netscape4 and their req's..
but when I checked after the packages were installed (using find)
there was nothing executable named netscape anywhere. (just some
non-script in /etc/ I think) I thought maybe that I hadn't renamed the
tar.gz file in whatever manner is being referred to above. I copied the
tar.gz to someplace besides /tmp (so it wouldn't go *poof* when I
logged back into the machine). Once I rename it however I need to
what do I need to do to get netscape4 to install it. Alternatively, am I
missing some _other_ crucial step?
Alice M. Pinard
Casco Indemnity Company
alice@cascoind.com