Re: your mail

> Greetings.

Hello.

> I am installing slink.  I am at this choice:
>
> Configure Device Driver Modules
>   Select Category
>     Block -- disks and disk-like devices
>
> I am using a PC that runs Win98 on C and will run Linux on D.  I have
> configured and mounted Linux partitions on D using Partition Magic 4.0.  The
> partitions seem to work:  an earlier installation (aborted partway through for
> presumably unrelated reasons) allowed me to run bash commands.
>
> My question:  within the Block choice, do I want to select either of these two
> options, both of which seem possibly related to my PC/IDE disks:
>
> paride - .
> xd     - XT hard disk controller

You need neither - paride is for parallel port IDE emulation (for stuff
like parallel port CD-ROM drives).  The xd driver is for an ancient drive
technology (an ancestor of IDE, iirc) that no modern computer uses.

If you needed this module, you wouldn't have been able to partition.

Phil Brutsche					pbrutsch@creighton.edu

universe. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein