Re: help

Kit wrote:

> I have a Pentium 233MMX, 64 mg Ram, 8.4 gig HD (partitioned into 4
> parts)master,
> I wish to install into the G:\ drive which has nothing on it...1.8 gigs.
> using windows 98 2nd edition.
>
> 1. will I have enough space?

Depends on what you want to do. But as a rule of thumb, yes,
1.8GB is plenty.

> I downloaded all files in "
> ftp://ftp.debian.us.org/debian/dists/stable/main/binary-i386";
>
> 2. are these the correct files I should download? if not,which ones?

I can't answer specifically, as I've never done this method. What
I'd do is just download the few base files (5 or 6 or so) needed
for a base install, then do an apt/ftp install of everything
else. This assumes your Debian box will be able to connect in
some way to the web. However, since you've already downloaded all
those files, I wouldn't backtrack and do it differently at this
point. If you've got a CD burner, you might want to burn those
files to it. Again, I've never done this, so I'm not sure of all
the ins & outs of it.

> 3. I have ICQ...is there someone that can walk me thru the install,never
> done this before,
> and it seems confusing?

Sorry, I'm not an ICQ user. Maybe someone else?