Re: help

On Mon, 29 Nov 1999, Kit wrote:

kit >I wish to install into the G:\ drive which has nothing on it...1.8 gigs.
kit >using windows 98 2nd edition.

I hope you di not use Win98 to download the files? Win* has a problem
dealing with files with multiple periods in them, verify the files are
named right or you will have _major_ trouble. many ftp clients rename
files automatically so they are valid filenames in win ..If possible i
strongly reccomend getting a CD of debian or get the ISO and burn the cd,
or use an ftp install.  Chances are you wont need many of the packages
that come with debian if your a newbie..and it may just be a waste of
space/time to grab it all.

kit >1. will I have enough space?

depends, you should.

kit >2. are these the correct files I should download? if not,which ones?

that is correct.

kit >3. I have ICQ...is there someone that can walk me thru the install,never
kit >done this before,
kit >and it seems confusing?

I dont ICQ but i do IRC on EFnet, if you want my help, do a /whois on the
user aphro, I may or may not be around, my client is connected 24/7
though.

nate