Re: Silo problem (SPARC potato)

On Mon, Nov 29, 1999 at 07:57:33AM -0900, Christopher S. Swingley wrote:

> Can anyone suggest what I've done wrong?  I tried running silo, even though
> the SPARC FAQ led me to believe this was unnecessary.  Did the /etc/silo.conf
> configuration change after the upgrade?  I'm afraid the documentation didn't
> really help me much.

You have to rerun silo if you change silo.conf. You don't have to rerun it
after every kernel install. Note, silo.conf will only be replaces if you
told dpkg to do so when it prompted you about it.

Would be helpful if you supplied you silo.conf contents.

`     bcollins@debian.org  -  collinbm@djj.state.va.us  -  bmc@visi.net    '