Re: what happened to netstd?

Tell me about it. I had to go all over the place stamping out things like
rwhod, rsh-server, rthisd and rthatd.

That netstd package is a major security problem. I fail to see why it
installs all that crap on installation OR on removal. I can understand a
metapackage installing a bunch of things but 1. It should be clearly
spelled out in the package description what new daemons have been added to
the meta package and 2. that REMOVING the package will cause a bunch of
stuff to be installed anyway.

r services should, in my personal opinion,  never be part of a
meta-package unless the meta package clearly shows this in its name ...
something like rservices-std would be acceptable.