Rather annoying apt problem

Is there a way to tell apt to go ahead and upgrade packages without
worrying about conflicts?  Right now, it wants to remove any kde package
installed because they all depend on qt1g, and potato has switched to
libqt1g which I have installed.  Does anyone know of a way to continue
upgrading and not have apt remove all those packages, or know of kde
packages that depend on libqt1g instead of qt1g?

								Rob

ratirh@lore.cs.purdue.edu   1999-00 |
Aka Khyron the Backstabber          |       L    I  NN N  U U  X X  O
ICQ# 2325055                        |       L    I  N NN  U U   X
                                    |       LLL  I  N  N  UUU  X X  O
"Shackles cannot keep me bound      |          Those who can, do.
 forever.  I'm outta here."         |