Re: Upgrade from slink to potato causes things to stop working

On Tue, Nov 16, 1999 at 06:54:54PM -0500, Bart Szyszka wrote:
> RH's mailing lists have more people which means more people to
> volunteer to answer questions. When I go to newsgroups, it's easy to
> spot a good or bad one. In a bad one, you'll see a list of posts with

RedHat has tech support _employees_ that get _paid_ to watch the lists and
respond to users. The mailing lists are a form of their tech support.
Obviously the more people use their mailing lists, the less they use the
phone, which saves them money.

Please stop trolling for comparisons here. Comparing how Debian works, to
how RedHat works, is like comparing Church and Government. They are two
different things, and have two different philosophies.

Ben

`     bcollins@debian.org  -  collinbm@djj.state.va.us  -  bmc@visi.net    '