Alsa problem - can't locate module sound-slot-0

   I've changed my sound around to Alsa and since I use a custom kernel I
went the Alsa source route.  I followed the instructions in the
debian/README file religiously and generated my Alsa modules.  However, upon
running them I get the message that "modprobe: Can't locate module
sound-slot-0".

   Not surprising, since there isn't such a module. :-)  Anyone know a fix
to this and/or how this module gets generated?  Whacks with a clue-bat would
be appreciated, TIA.

--
 Regards,                | Windows98 (noun): 32 bit extensions and a
 .                       | graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to an 8