(getting closer) Re: Upgrade from slink to potato causes things to stop working

> I'm having major problems upgrading from slink to potato (stable to
> unstable apt sources). After one of the packages is being setup, I get
> a whole list of stuff like this:
> depmod: /lib/modules/2.0.36/pcmcia/SOMETHING.o is not owned by root

OK, I think we're getting closer. When I upgrade from slink to potato,
the above happens when it's installing the modutils package. Here's what
it says while doing that:
removing diversion /usr/include/linux/kerneld.h with different file
/usr/include/linux/kernel.h.libc6

Then it says 'not allowed' and 'format changed' with a warning somewhere
around there. After that I get something telling me to press ENTER to
continue and I get pages of that depmod... stuff. Any ideas? This time I
tried Debian without that generic SCSI module and without lp. Still the same
problem. As far as the kernel goes, it's what I've always used and it had
always worked before this past week or so.

--
Bart Szyszka bart@gigabee.com ICQ:4982727
B Grafyx http://www.bgrafyx.com