Re: Alsa problem - can't locate module sound-slot-0

On Tue, Nov 16, 1999 at 10:16:40PM +0000, Randy Edwards wrote:
>    I've changed my sound around to Alsa and since I use a custom kernel I
> went the Alsa source route.  I followed the instructions in the
> debian/README file religiously and generated my Alsa modules.  However, upon
> running them I get the message that "modprobe: Can't locate module
> sound-slot-0".
>
>    Not surprising, since there isn't such a module. :-)  Anyone know a fix
> to this and/or how this module gets generated?  Whacks with a clue-bat would
> be appreciated, TIA.

You need to add the proper aliases to /etc/modules.conf (which means you
have to add them in a file in /etc/modutils). i used alsaconf to generate
the file, then copied the appropriate section as /etc/modutils/alsa. Perhaps
the debianized alsaconf has been fixed since then to directly output to
/etc/modutils/alsa.

Anyway, my /etc/modutils/alsa is attached as a sample. You'll have to
change the "alias sound-card-#" and 'options' lines to match your
configuration.

--
  finger for GPG public key.
  16 Nov 1999 - new key generated, please stop using the old.

alias snd-card-0 snd-card-sb16
alias sound-slot-0 snd-card-0
alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm1-oss
alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm1-oss

alias snd-card-1 snd-card-dummy
alias sound-slot-1 snd-card-1
alias sound-service-1-0 snd-mixer-oss
alias sound-service-1-1 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-1-3 snd-pcm1-oss
alias sound-service-1-12 snd-pcm1-oss

options snd snd_major=116 snd_cards_limit=2 snd_device_mode=0660 snd_device_gid=29 snd_device_uid=0
options snd-card-sb16 snd_index=1 snd_id=SB16PnP snd_port=0x220 snd_mpu_port=0x300 snd_irq=9 snd_dma8=1 snd_dma16=5 snd_mic_agc=1
options snd-card-dummy snd_index=2 snd_id=Dummy
# --- END: Generated by ALSACONF, do not edit. ---