Re: Multiple IP Addressing

> My apologies, as I was not as clear as I should have been. Load balancing
is
> not what I meant, I would merely like to assign two IP addresses that are
on
> the same subnet to each NIC in the server. To be honest whether or not 1
NIC
> can handle the load is not my concern, I want to see if it is possible to
> have 2 IP addresses that are on the same subnet assigned to each NIC.

Yes, if I understand your question, it is possible. As I said in my previous
post, I have 2 NIC's (with 2 separate IPs) in our samba server to take
advantage of load-balancing whenever we get a router and cabling installed.
Meanwhile, we are using round robin DNS.

> The
> end goal is to split out the services to each interface. Please let me
know
> if more information/clarity is needed.

Charles Lewis, Director of Administrative Computing
Southwestern Adventist University, Keene, TX
(817)556-4720  lewisc@swau.edu  FAX (360)397-7952