Re: apt-get, now what?

El vie, 12 de nov de 1999, a las 09:23:05 -0500, Kevin Heath dijo:

> > I just tried to upgrade via apt-get, and while it did download the
> > files, it didn't install them.  A first `apt-get install' attempt gave
> > me the following:
> >[...]
> >   upgraded.
> > Sorry, but the following packages are broken - this means they
> > have unmet dependencies:
> >   giflib-bin: Depends:giflib3g Depends:giflib3g
>
> Try "apt-get update; apt-get --fix-broken upgrade".

El vie, 12 de nov de 1999, a las 07:34:29 -0700, Jason Gunthorpe dijo:

> > http://http.us.debian.org/debian/dists/unstable/main/binary-i386/base/libncurses4_4.2-3.4.deb
> >   Incorrect MD5Sum
> > ERROR
>
> Sounds like you are behind a massively defective proxy server. I suggest
> erasing everything in /var/cache/apt/archives/partial and switching to
> ftp.

Well, since I already have all the packages I wanted to upgrade, I
removed the ones in /var/cache/apt/archives/partial/ and copied the ones
missing to /var/cache/apt/archives/

Next, I tried to run dselect with mounted fs installation, but that
doesn't help as it requires Packages.gz from each directory, plus (or so
I believe) a copy (or partial copy) of the directories (main, contrib,
non-free...) ... probably meaning that I would have to create those
directories in /var/cache/apt/archives/ and I'm frightened to mess with
the dpkg database.

Then, I ran `apt-get install <packages>', hoping that it would be able
to realize that the requested packages are in /var/cache/apt/archives/,
but it started downloading again, so I exited apt-get.

Since I already have all the packages, how can I best use apt-get or
dselect to install them all?

I find dpkg is a nice flexible tool, but I would have to go through
`dpkg -i <package>' one by one (and for upgrading things such as libc6
it's a real pain due to interdependencies).

TIA

--
Horacio					Anno MMDCCLII ad Urbe condita
mailto:homega@ciberia.es