Re: Sources of linux documentation

Manuel Arenaz Silva (arenaz@des.fi.udc.es) wrote:

> 1) How can I know the source package name from the output of the command "dpkg
> --print-avail debian-guide"?

I don't understand the question.  debian-guide isn't a binary package,
so I don't think it would have useful source code...?

> 2) I have been reading the man for "apt-get" and "sources.list" looking for the
> sintax of a deb-src entry in the /etc/apt/sources.list file, but I have found no
> documentation about it. Where can I find this information? Which is the sintax of
> this type of entry?

It's the same as a normal "deb" entry, replacing "deb" with "deb-src".

  deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian potato main contrib non-free
  deb-src http://http.us.debian.org/debian potato main contrib non-free

To use it, just "apt-get source mutt" or whatever.

--
Greg Wooledge                    | "Truth belongs to everybody."
wooledge@kellnet.com             |   Red Hot Chili Peppers,