Re: cron.d

Attila Csosz (acsosz@mail.datanet.hu) wrote:

> Which file is responsible to start programs from cron.d? /etc/inittab ?
> (or..?) After what a period will the programs start from this location?

They're started by cron itself.  From 'man cron':

       cron  also reads /etc/crontab, which is in a slightly dif­
       ferent format (see crontab(5)).  Additionally, cron  reads
       the  files in /etc/cron.d; see the DEBIAN SPECIFIC section
       below for more details.

They're crontab files, which means that they contain the information
that cron uses to decide how often to run them.

> - Debian 2.1 Linux  / 2.2.9 / qmail   -

I had some trouble with 2.2.9.  You should probably upgrade to 2.2.10
(which has a good reputation) or 2.2.13 (the latest stable kernel).

--
Greg Wooledge                    | "Truth belongs to everybody."
wooledge@kellnet.com             |   Red Hot Chili Peppers,