Re: Sun goes fully open source!

On Wed, Oct 27, 1999 at 04:27:14PM -0400, William Schwartz wrote:
> FYI: that is not true, not any more. Microsoft has its "Windows Terminal
> Server Edition". It's a multi-user version of NT... Its aimed almost
> directly at the NC market, and actually works half way decently (if you can
> believe that!). We have tested it here to support NC's so they can run
> Windows applications. (we have tested with Compaq & WYSE NC's.)

The computer science department in the university where I study has
a bunch of Windows TS boxes. Clients are some old 486 PCs using the DOS
client, and also NCD X terminals using the Citrix client (with MetaFrame
on the terminal server machines) -- works quite well. There's a linux
client for MetaFrame too which I have used.

Hamish