Re: Debian GNU/Linux 2.1 for x86 Installation Problem

Hi Hendy,

I enjoyed your informative post.  I found it very interesting because I am having exactly the same problem.  To the gentlemen who tried to be helpful:

the menu at this point of the install procedure offers a choice of 1) floppy 1
2) floppy 2
3) cdrom
4) harddisk
5) mounted

>               *       I selected the medium I will use to install the
> system (that's my harddisk)

As you can see our interest is with the '4) harddisk' choice.

We would be interested in hearing from anybody who was able to proceed beyond this point, starting with the slink downloaded files in an msdos filesystem and going on to create a new Debian installation.

Best Regards,
Robert Cristel
Montreal, Canada