Re: fetchmail and pine, for a RHL user!

Mohammad S Sharawi (msharawi@psuct.edu.jo) wrote:

> and when i did :
> > fetchmail -f
> if showed me that it recieved one file from my isp, but i don't know
> were it was put? I mean were does fetchmail store the retreived files?

Fetchmail delivers the messages to your local mail transfer agent (MTA).
The MTA will then (assuming everything is configured correctly) deliver
the messages to /var/spool/mail/msharawi (or whatever your username is).

Make sure your MTA (exim, sendmail, qmail, smail, ...) is configured
to deliver messages addressed to "msharawi@localhost"... or else, tell
fetchmail to deliver the messages however your MTA likes to see them.

Then tell fetchmail to get the messages and send them to your MTA.

E.g., here's my fetchmail config file:

server kellnet.com protocol pop3
        user greg@dwarf.local here is wooledge there password XXXXXX
        user michelle@dwarf.local here is mwooledge there password XXXXXX
server mail.onenet-ici.com protocol pop3
        user greg@dwarf.local here is gwooledge there password XXXXXX

(I didn't make my MTA accept "@localhost", so I told fetchmail to deliver
to "@dwarf.local" which is what I have in /etc/hosts.  But there's more
than one way to do it(TM).)

--
Greg Wooledge                    | "Truth belongs to everybody."
wooledge@kellnet.com             |   Red Hot Chili Peppers,