Re: fetchmail and pine, for a RHL user!

fetchmail resends the mail through the local MTA.  if your local SMTP
server is broken(try mailing yourself) then the mail won't get delievered.

if it helps this is a sample of the fetchmailrc i use for my users:

--
set daemon 300

defaults
        user MYUSERID is MYUSERID fetchmail-friends magic-numbers here
        fetchall

poll mail.firetrail.com with protocol POP3:
        no dns, aka  bebo.firetrail.com 208.222.179.30
        password MYPASSWORD;
--

nate

      Vice President Network Operations    http://www.firetrail.com/