Re: trashing Netscape (was Netscape 4.71 Is Rock Solid & Fast!)

On Mon, Oct 25, 1999 at 12:13:01AM -0500, Kent West wrote:
> I use Communicator, not just Navigator; perhaps that's the clue.
> The test that Daniel suggested crashed my Netscape. I've tried
> running with and without Java/Javascript. I can expect Netscape
> to crash at least once every time I sit down at the computer (two
> or three times a day for 1 to 3 hours a day).
>
> Come to think of it; this is on my home machine. My office
> machine doesn't have Netscape crashes near as often. Hmmm.

     ;-)  I just tried that test and had no trouble with Netscape
(latest Communicator 4.7 in potato, Cyrix PR200+, cheap, non-parity
memory,...), although I've had trouble with every other version since
the bo OS.  The only time I've seen Netscape 4.7 crash is when it
competed with a recent Mahjongg process (wife and kids play with it)
for memory.  ;-)

Art