Re: netscape 4.7 and download

On 20 Oct, Brant Wells wrote:
> Jean Yves BARBIER wrote
>> > I wonder if somebody has found how to recover files downloaded
>> > (these files which are printed to the screen while dowload them)
>
> Just a quick hint for downloading files... If you click on a link to
> download a file, and the screen fills up with garbage (ie when I download a
> .deb file), hit the Back button, and Right Click on the link and choose save
> link as.  While I'm running Linux, I have just made it a habbit to right
> click on the files that I want to download...

Shift click is another way to make Netscape download to file...

Also, try editing the preferences (Edit -> Preferences -> Navigator ->
Applications) as netscape sometimes comes configured to try to display
file types it shouldn't...

For instance, if Netscape insists on displaying .tar files instead of
offering the Save As popup: select the line with Unix Tape Archive,
click Edit and change the Handled by to Save To Disk

/Michael
--
                  Linux: Turn on...Tune in...Fork out...