Re: netscape 4.7 and download

HI all...

Jean Yves BARBIER wrote
Hi,

> I wonder if somebody has found how to recover files downloaded
> (especially from ftp) in the netscape cache?
> (these files which are printed to the screen while dowload them)
>
> The only way I found is to watch the modification time of the
> cache directories, and recover the last file, with a scrubby name.

Would someone please hit me with a cluestick? I don't >understand this. Whenever I use Netscape to download a file, it >downloads it into my user's home directory; no need to muck about in >the cache. Isn't the cache just for HTML pages with their associated >graphics files (GIF, JPEG)? Are you using 4.7 Navigator, or >Communicator? I use the latter. Do these two work differently?

--
Ed C.

Just a quick hint for downloading files... If you click on a link to download a file, and the screen fills up with garbage (ie when I download a .deb file), hit the Back button, and Right Click on the link and choose save link as. While I'm running Linux, I have just made it a habbit to right click on the files that I want to download...

Hope This Helps,

Brant