How to Access ttyS2 device?

     How can I access a device through ttyS2 (serial line from
mainboard 9 pin serial port) with telnet (or any way)?  The device
(that darned Cisco 675 "router/modem," yet) has no documented
IP address preset, and the MSWin info (I'm in Linux 2.2) says to
simply open a term program and "push the enter key two or three times"
with no mention of any host address.  Will the MAC address help in any
way?

     If nothing else, do any of you have any info on how to access
ttyS2 in general?  I've set setserial for that port.

Art