Re: can I list just the directories, executables?

* Todd Suess <tsuess@tsuess.evcom.net> writes:

>> If your shell is the bash (as I suppose), just press the TAB key
>> twice. You´ll get a big list of executables in your path. (You can
>> see what your path is by typing "echo $PATH" (without the quotes).

> Interestingly enough, I hit tab twice as suggested on my system
> and bash segfaulted and locked up my system.   ;)
> Perhaps we found a bug.

Really interesting. Is this reproducible? If yes, it´s worth a bug
report. Could you start a new bash with strace and/or gdb and make
it crash? (Not that *I* could debug it...)

And you say it locked up your system: does Ctrl-Alt-Del still work?
If not, does Alt-SysRq work (see ./Documentation/sysrq.txt in your
kernel source; requires a 2.2.x kernel)?

--
Colin Marquardt <colin.marquardt@gmx.de>