MacOS and Intel Linux mixed network

I have an intel linux box, acting as a workstation (not a server), and the entire rest of the place runs on MacOS (well, more-or-less).

Are there any tools that allow me to browse the network, mount shares, etc? I have appletalk installed, and that runs fine. The Macs can see my Linux box, and using tkchooser, I can see their boxes, but tkchooser doesn't yet allow you to mount the volumes exported from the macs.

So what I'm looking for is a tool that will understand appletalk, and connect to a mac that only talks appletalk, so I can mount, read and write etc. I thought I saw one mentioned in dselect, but I can't seem to find it now - only similar tools for samba neworks (which we don't have, except in my office / cubicle).

Thanks in advance,

Simon Hogg