Re: Mutt and From: line in mail

Reading this thread motivated me to look around to find
the answer to this problem.  I've had the same problem with
my real name disappearing from the From: lines.

I found the problem in my .bashrc . Some of the readmes
and howtos I read said to set some environment variables.
This is what I got:

export MAILHOST=cts.com
export MAILUSER=wcurry
export QMAILINJECT=f

The f is the problem.  Get rid of it.  Look at qmail-inject
and qmail-headers for a detailed explanation of what f
and the other switches do.  The values in the first 2 variables
are what is used to rewrite the From: line -- when necessary.
2 hitches... 1. you can't put your real name in there.
2. The f forces qmail-inject to overwrite the From: line regardless.

Wade Curry (but you knew that from the index list, didn'tcha? )