Mutt lets you set the From: line of the email, either through `my_hdr
From:', or by pressing ESC f when the message has been composed. But for
some reason, but for some reason it's ignoring both of these and putting
in my actual email address.

Why would I want to put in a fake address? Well, basically I use qmail,
and it allows you put a -whatever after the name part of the email
address to redirect mail. For example, I'm subscribed to this list as
dm-debian-user@ and I can have mail to that address sent to a particular
mailbox, or whatever. It's very handy for mailing lists and what have
you.

subscribed to the list.

I also use qmail (self built) on my own machine. All mail is sent to a
maildir, and when I connect to my ISP, ip-up runs maildirsmpt and
transfers all my mail to my ISPs SMTP server (works really well for a
dial-up machine). So all my outbound mail gets sent to a local maildir
before it is delivered. When I check the From: line, it's always damon@,
not dm-something@, even if it has said dm-something@ in mutt.

I can't find anything in my muttrc that would account for this. I also
somehow doubt that qmail is rewriting a MUA-generated line (but I could
be wrong).

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm sure this was working fine once,
and it's just recently that it's changed - but maybe I'm just going mad.

Cheers,

damon

--
Damon Muller (dm-sig6@empire.net.au) /  It's not a sense of humor.
* Criminologist                     /  It's a sense of irony