Re: Debian/Slink Connection Speed...too slow

wow, sorry, it was really vj-max-slots 16, I just have typed it wrongly
in my email... I also connected with pon/poff but it stayed just the
same. with kppp, it connects and autheticates, but before receiving an
ip address from my provider, it gets offline and the following msg is
posted in the file /var/log/messages:
peer refused to autheticate
this, I know, is because I haven't written anything in /etc/ppp/peers
about kppp, but I dunno what to write...:)
oh, and I read the pppd man page, and really the mru and mtu sizes have
nothing to do with modem speed, and I also tryed some other sizes (for
example, 128, 296 as recommended, 1000) but didn't worked in anyone.
my pppd version I don't remeber, but my kernel is 2.2.12 (from potato)
thanks anyway. if the government aproves, here in brazil on january/2000
will have good cable modens...(good enough to send and receive, because
nowadays u can only receive, not send, for that you use a modem...) then
I'll have a fast 9very fast) connection and will let it on the whole day
;)
then I may let public my potato mirror hehehe
thanks anyway,
rafael