Re: potato broke X :(

Ron Farrer <rbf@toxic.magnesium.net> writes:

> David Coe (david@someotherplace.org) wrote:
>
> > Still getting that "X: undefined symbol: __syscall" ?
>
> Yep.
>

> > Hmmm, let's see what packages you have on hold --- just a shot in the
> > dark.  Please do:
> >
> >   sgrep -e '(DEB_PKG containing (DEB_STATUS containing "hold"))' < /var/lib/dpkg/status | grep '^Package: \|^Status: \|^Version:'
>
> This returns nothing! Absolutly no output...

OK, that's good, that means you don't have any packages "held back", i.e.
intentionally not upgraded.

> > and post what it reports.  Thanks.  P.S. Have you opened a bug report
> > on this yet?  If so, please tell me the bug number.  Thanks.
>
> No, I have not opened a bug report. Do I need to? If yes, how do I do
> that?

Easiset way is to download "reportbug" and run it, follow the prompts;
go to http://bugs.debian.org/ if you're unsure about what to say, or
if you want to do it manually (by sending a mail message).