Re: how to develop in c++ ...

> I'd like to set up an environment( a set of programs ) to develop programs
> under c++. I've heard about xemacs, gdb. Is it good? I need at least to
> set/clear breakpoints; step to next source line; run and make projects.
> Which programs/packages do you suggest?

<just joking>

Breakpoints?  Real programmers use printf()!

Stepping through the source?  Real programmers do it by hand!

</jost joking>

In actuality, KDevelop looks good:  http://www.kdevelop.org.  Note that
it's written for KDE (uses the KDE APIs; it can still be used for e.g.
console programs), so you may need to install that.  There is also a
separate gdb front end called KDbg that KDevelop works together well with.
The KDevelop homepage has a link to KDbg, as well as links to other IDEs.

Phil Brutsche					pbrutsch@creighton.edu

universe. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein