Re: how to develop in c++ ...

On Mon, Oct 04, 1999 at 20:04:43 +0200, Attila Csosz wrote:
> I'd like to set up an environment( a set of programs ) to develop programs
> under c++. I've heard about xemacs, gdb. Is it good? I need at least to
> set/clear breakpoints; step to next source line; run and make projects.
> Which programs/packages do you suggest?

gdb is a powerful debugger, but the interface isn't very comfortable. You
may want to consider 'ddd' (available in the "devel" section) as a front-end
to it.

<plug type="blatant">
http://www.wi.leidenuniv.nl/~jdassen/onderwijs/stuva/debug/ has some
introductory stuff on debugging C and C++ code under Un*x.
</plug>

HTH,
Ray
--
LEADERSHIP  A form of self-preservation exhibited by people with auto-
destructive imaginations in order to ensure that when it comes to the crunch