disk backups

Hi wizards,

is it somehow possible to save a complete disk structure via a net
booted system. I guess I have at least to do the(re-)partitioning by
hand. I especially think about some windows based  clients which I want
to quickly repair in case of "emergency". Therefore, I'd like to install
the system, all the apps and stuff and generate an image of the harddisk
partitions or even the whole disk(s).

Is there anything like this possible with linux at the moment? I know
that there are also (commercial) solutions available (one product is
called "ghost" or something like that, I do not remember the name
anymore).

Thanks in advance,

Ferdinand