Re: Serial connection to windoze box

Hello!

I've now got the inf file, and I'm trying to use the dial-up-networking
(German: short: DFUE) to get a PPP connection over the serial line.

Now, although I've read some chapters of the PPP FAQ, I've got some problems
(don't know which one is the cause of that it doesn't work)

First of all, what protocol would you suggest? TCP/IP or IPX?

Secondly, how can I get the DFUE to send the username and password to the
Linux box correctly?

And, how can I configure the TCP/IP adresses of the Linux box (tried pppd
(...) home:remote) and what PPPD options are important furthermore?

I know, these all are "RTM"-questions, sorry, but please send me only some
important tips, or links to the right howto places, if anyone knows about
this issue.

Kind Regards,
Stephan Hachinger

BTW: Ethernet cards are very cheap at Germany, too, but I don't have any
money left at all :(