Re: Serial connection to windoze box

> Hello!
>
> I'd like to connect my slink box to my W95 machine over a serial cable. If
> anyone knows a more or less comfortable way to do this, please let me know.
>
> Best solution was of course some network emulation, but I think this isn't
> possible.

There's two ways of doing this:

 * Using HyperTerminal (or some other program) to make the slink system
   act like a terminal server.
 * PPP/SLIP over a serial cable.  Unfortunately, when Win9x thinks of PPP
   or SLIP, it also thinks of a modem.  I hear there's a .inf floating
   around that lets Win9x use PPP over a null modem.

The best way of doing things, I think, is ethernet.  I don't know how much
things cost in Germany, but here in the US you can get a "home networking
kit" for about US$70.  It includes two PCI cards, a hub, and two ethernet
cables.

Phil Brutsche					pbrutsch@creighton.edu

universe. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein